Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bringing attention to different awareness causes


I feel very strongly about bringing awareness to various causes. Some, because they touch me personally. Others, because it's something I believe in or because it has touched someone I love or care about. Recently I started designing pins using my tile charm technique. Then I came up with the idea to design my pins in awareness colors, example is shown here.

Diabetes runs on both sides of my family, more so on my fathers side. Thank goodness I am not affected with high blood sugar but I do have to deal with low blood sugar. I get tested yearly because my father had high blood sugar and my doctor keeps close tabs on me. This is why I choose to showcase my Diabetes Awareness tile charm pin. Spread the word and bring awareness to this issue and hopefully there will one day be a cure so that no one has to deal with picking their fingers and injecting themselves with insulin.

The pink & blue awareness pin with butterflies on it symbolizes another issue that has affected me. Loss of an infant/miscarriage/premature birth/stillbirth all have affected me and is something that needs to have awareness brought to as well. I will set aside an entire blog one day to share my experiences in more detail. Hopefully the things I have went through will help others going through what I did. To loose a child is something no mother should ever have to experience. Thank goodness I have two sons, grown adults now, without them my life would have no meaning. They both have brought great happiness and meaning to my life.

Grey awareness ribbon stands for several things including brain cancer/tumors and diabetes. On top of dealing with diabetes, my father also suffered from a brain tumor. Which was inoperable and back then they did not have the technology or knowledge they have today to deal with these things. I want nothing more than to see a cure for brain tumors and all cancers. No child should have to grow up without a parent due to the fact they have died from cancer. I highly feel that bringing awareness and attention to an issue puts it in the spotlight and helps to push for a cure.

The various other awareness colors I have showcased affect friends or those I have met along the way. In the days and weeks ahead I will be designing several more in various colors.

Fight for a cure!
Tammy
http://www.customjewelrybytammy.ecrater.com

No comments:

Post a Comment